THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into by and between Certified Inspection Services referred to as “Inspector”, and , referred to as “Client”.
In consideration of the promise and terms of this Agreement, the parties agree as follows:
1. The client will pay the sum of $0.00 for the inspection of the “Property”, being the residence, and garage or carport, if applicable, located at 24 Major Defect Rd, Safety Hazardville, IN 46385.
2. The Inspector will perform a visual inspection and prepare a written report of the apparent condition of the readily accessible installed systems and components of the property existing at the time of the inspection. Latent and concealed defects and deficiencies are excluded from the inspection.
3. The parties agree that the “Standards of Practice” (the “Standards”) shall define the standard of duty and the conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the inspection and are incorporated by reference herein. If the State/ Province where the inspection is performed imposes more stringent standards or administrative rule, then those standards shall define the standard of duty and the conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the inspection.
4. The parties agree and understand that the Inspector and its employees and its agents assume no liability or responsibility for the costs of repairing or replacing any unreported defects or deficiencies either current or arising in the future or any property damage, consequential damage or bodily injury of any nature. If repairs or replacement are done without giving the Inspector the required notice, the Inspector will have no liability to the Client. The Client further agrees that the Inspector is liable only up to the cost of the inspection. This clause may be contrary to local law. Please verify applicability. Not valid in State/ Province of .
5. The parties agree and understand the Inspector is not an insurer or guarantor against defects in the structure, items, components, or systems inspected. INSPECTOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE FITNESS FOR USE, CONDITION, PERFORMANCE OR ADEQUACY OF ANY INSPECTED STRUCTURE, ITEM, COMPONENT, OR SYSTEM.
6. If Client is married, Client represents that this obligation is a family obligation incurred in the interest of the family.
7. This Agreement, including the terms and conditions on the reverse side, represents the entire agreement between the parties and there are no other agreements either written or oral between them. This Agreement shall be amended only by written agreement signed by both parties. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State/ Province of IN, and if that State/ Province laws or regulations are more stringent than the forms of the agreement, the State/ Province law or rule shall govern.
Client has read this entire Agreement and accepts and understands this Agreement as hereby acknowledged. If no State/Province regulations apply, this report adheres to the Standards, which is available upon request.
Buyer’s Agent Present: Yes ___ No _X_
Seller’s Agent present: Yes ___ No _X_ Agents Name:
Inspector’s Signature: Date: Tue. September 14, 2021 Inspection #: 24 Inspector’s Address: 1101 Cumberland Crossing Ste. 284 License/Certification #: IN–HI00500462 City/State Province/Zip or Postal Code: Valparaiso IN 46385
Client agrees to release reports to seller/buyer/REALTOR Yes___ No_X_
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS
Additional Terms, Conditions, and Limitations
8. Systems, items, and conditions which are not within the scope of the building inspection include, but are not limited to: radon, formaldehyde, lead paint, asbestos, toxic or flammable materials, molds, fungi, other environmental hazards; pest infestation; security and fire protection systems; household appliances; humidifiers; paint, wallpaper and other treatments to windows, interior walls, ceilings, and floors; recreational equipment or facilities; pool/spa water purification systems (ozone generator/saltwater, etc.); underground storage tanks, energy efficiency measurements; motion or photo-electric sensor lighting; concealed or private secured systems; water wells; all overflow drains; heating systems accessories; solar heating systems; heat exchangers; sprinkling systems; water softener or purification systems; central vacuum systems; telephone, intercom or cable TV systems; antennae, lightning arrestors, load controllers; trees or plants; governing codes, ordinances, statutes, and covenants; and manufacturer specifications, recalls, and EIFS. Client understands that these systems, items, and conditions are excepted from this inspection. Any general comments about these systems, items, and conditions of the written report are informal only and DO NOT represent an inspection.
9. The Inspection and report are performed and prepared for the sole and exclusive use and possession of the Client. No other person or entity may rely on the report issued pursuant to this Agreement. In the event that any person, not a party to this Agreement, makes any claim against Inspector, its employees or agents, arising out of the services performed by Inspector under this Agreement, the Client agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Inspector from any and all damages, expenses, costs, and attorney fees arising from such a claim.
10. The Inspection will not include an appraisal of the value or a survey. The written report is not a compliance inspection or certification for past or present governmental codes or regulations of any kind.
11. In the event of a claim by the Client that an installed system or component of the premises which was inspected by the Inspector was not in the condition reported by the Inspector, the Client agrees to notify the Inspector at least 72 hours prior to repairing or replacing such system or component. The Client further agrees that the Inspector is liable only if there has been a complete failure to follow the standards adhered to in the report or State/Province law. Furthermore, any legal action must be brought within two (2) years from the date of the inspection, or will be deemed waived and forever barred.
12. This inspection does not determine whether the property is insurable.
13. Exclusions of systems normally inspected .
Your inspector has an affiliation with Residential Warranty Services (RWS), a third party service provider, in order to offer you additional value-added services including a complimentary RecallChek to help determine if the inspected property has any potentially dangerous recalled appliances, as well as a complimentary Home Warranty. By entering into this agreement you (a) authorize your inspector to provide your contact information (including telephone number) to RWS and/or its affiliate, (b) waive and release any restrictions that may prevent RWS and/or its affiliate from contacting you (including by telephone using automated dialing technology), and (c) authorize RWS and/or its affiliate to contact you regarding home services.
1. Apparent Condition: Systems and components are rated as follows:
SATISFACTORY (Sat.) – Indicates the component is functionally consistent with its original purpose but may show signs of normal wear and tear and deterioration.
MARGINAL (Marg.) – Indicates the component will probably require repair or replacement anytime within five years. POOR – Indicates the component will need repair or replacement now or in the very near future. SIGNIFICANT ISSUES – A system or component that is considered significantly deficient, inoperable or is unsafe. SAFETY HAZARD – Denotes a condition that is unsafe and in need of prompt attention.
2. Installed systems and components: structural components; exterior; interior; roofing; plumbing; electrical; heating; central air-conditioning (weather permitting); insulation and ventilation.
3. Readily accessible systems and components: only those systems and components where Inspector is not required to remove personal items, furniture, equipment, soil, snow, or other items which obstruct access or visibility.
4. Any component not listed as being deficient in some manner is assumed to be satisfactory.
Whats Included With Every Inspection?
Mold, Pest, and Infrared Thermal Imaging are included with every home and commercial property inspection. In addition, CHI provides each client with a 5-Year Roof, Sewer, Foundation/Structure, and Mold Warranty for FREE!
Every Inspector is InterNachi Certified and maintains an active license with the state of Indiana by completing annual continuing education as building codes do change over time.
All Home and Commercial Inspections Include…
- Complete 300 Point Inspections
- Photos With Comments Of Repairs Big and Small
- On-Site Digital Reports
- Same-Day Delivery
Well, I’ll be damned! It’s an Icicle and ice dam fest out there nwi. With all of this snow accumulation…
Improper handrails, steps, and guardrails are among the most common safety hazard violations home inspectors encounter on a daily basis.…
If you’ve ever seen the demise of Christopher Walken at the hands of that notorious home-spoiling mouse in 1997’s Mouse…
As Northwest Indiana continues to grow, particularly in areas like Crown Point that hold vast potential for new businesses, our…
In April of 2019, the Chicago Tribune published a story regarding the death of two women following fires that started…
Last month, Certified Home Inspections was brought out to investigate radon levels in twenty Crown Point homes. Of those, nearly…